Membership shall be open to all persons who agree to the Code of Honour, Vision, Mission and Objectives of MMVI and who otherwise qualify for any class of membership.
The classes of membership and qualifications for membership shall be as follows:
- Female persons of Aboriginal ancestry, at least eighteen (18) years of age, who supports the Vision, Mission and Objectives of MMVI
- Aboriginal as defined by the Constitution Act of 1982, or
- Aboriginal ancestry and
- A resident of the Province of Manitoba for more than 6 months
Aboriginal Group Member
- Aboriginal grassroots women’s group i.e. Aboriginal women’s drum groups women’s circles and/or Aboriginal women’s organization, which represents Aboriginal women, and supports the Vision, Mission and Objectives of MMVI.
Organizational members shall include
- A corporation, association, educational institute, First Nation, Tribal Council, Metis Locals, Metis Settlement, and all other organization, and associations or agencies that represent and/or advocate on behalf of Aboriginal women; who supports the Vision, Mission and Objectives of MMVI.
- A registered and incorporated organization that supports MMVI and which wish to so signify by being members, and which operate in the Province of Manitoba as accepted and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Community allies are all individuals and/or groups who work towards advocating, are inclusive and supportive of Aboriginal women; who supports the Vision, Mission and Objectives of MMVI.
- Must be a resident or operate in the Province of Manitoba
- The larger community, organizations, groups, and partners that may not be an Aboriginal group, but support, advocate and are inclusive to Aboriginal women; who supports the Vision, Mission and Objectives of MMVI.
- Must operate in the Province of Manitoba